Legal Notice and Disclaimer
1. You should read these terms and conditions and the information carefully before you continue. By accessing and using the Stoneweg web site, you expressly agree that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the legal information contained below. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should exit the Site now.
2. Operator: The Site is operated by Stoneweg SA, 18 rue du Marché, 1204 Geneva, Switzerland. Stoneweg is registered with the Commercial Register of the Canton of Geneva.
3. Local restrictions: The information and services provided on this Site are not provided to and should not be used by any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, place of residence or domicile, or for any other reason) the provision or use thereof or the access to this Site is prohibited. Any person in respect of whom such interdictions apply must not access or use the Site. The products and services described on the Site may not be available or may be prohibited to persons dependent on a jurisdiction other than Switzerland (by reason of that person’s nationality, place of residence or domicile, or for any other reason). You should consult for information concerning any restrictions applicable to you regarding the sale of such products and services.
4. Trademarks and copyright: The logo and trademarks of Stoneweg are protected by law, and all information contained on the Site is protected by copyright. All rights are reserved for third party copyrights. Nothing on the Site may be used in any form whatsoever unless specific mention is made of the trademark and copyright protection, and of these terms and conditions. In all events, linking through any hypertext and inline links, e.g. framing, and consulting the Site through inline links or framing are prohibited without the prior written consent of Stoneweg. Use of the Site for advertising or commercial purposes, in any form whatsoever, is prohibited without the prior written consent of Stoneweg.
5. No offer, solicitation or recommendation: The contents of this Site are provided for information purposes only and in no way constitute an offer, a solicitation or a personal recommendation to buy or sell any investment products or instruments. The risks involved in certain investments are not suitable for all investors, and you should consult your adviser to obtain a specific evaluation of your risk profile. You should also seek information regarding the risks inherent in any financial decision. Past performance is not a guide to present or future performance. The value of an investment may go down as well as up for any number of reasons and you may not recover all or even part of your original investment. Moreover, fluctuations in exchange rates can also influence the value of an investment causing it to rise or fall.
6. No legal, accounting or tax advice: Stoneweg is not a law firm nor an accounting firm, nor a tax advisor. No information contained on this Site should be construed or interpreted as legal, accounting or tax advice.
7. Reliability of information: While Stoneweg makes every reasonable effort to use reliable, comprehensive information, we make no representation or warranty of any kind that the information contained on this Site is accurate, complete or up to date. Any decision based on such information is taken at your own risk, and Stoneweg disclaims all liability or responsibility for any loss or damage that may result directly or indirectly as a result of your use of such information. Moreover, Stoneweg reserves the right to change the contents of the Site at any time without notice.
8. Investment performance: Past performance is no guarantee nor guide to the future performance of an investment. Investments may increase or decrease in value and an investor may not be able to recover the initial investment made. Exchange rates may also cause the value of an investment to rise or fall.
9. Disclaimer of warranty and limitation of liability: Neither Stoneweg, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and shareholders, nor any third party information providers, their officers, directors, employees, affiliates and shareholders will be liable or responsible for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever that any User may incur directly or indirectly as a result of User’s access to this Site or of the use of information or opinions available through the Site or of User’s inability to access or use the Site or the information or opinions contained therein. In particular, in no event will Stoneweg, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and shareholders be liable or responsible for any loss or damage incurred as a result of a technical or other error, failure to transfer information, a surcharge of the system, problematic use, interruption of service (including but not limited to maintenance service), a delay in the transmission of information, incompatibility between this Site and User’s files and/or software (including User’s browser) and/or computer, any dysfunction or interference, the transmission of a virus or worm to User’s computer, illegal access (e.g. hackers), the intentional blocking of telecommunication tools and networks (e.g. as a result of massive e-mail or denial of access attacks) or for any other error or omission of network or telecommunications providers or operators.
10. Severability: Should any provision or part thereof of these terms and conditions be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any present or future laws or by any court of competent jurisdiction, it shall in no way cause the invalidation, cancellation or unenforceability of any other provision of these terms and conditions. The illegal, invalid or unenforceable provision or part thereof shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision legal, valid or enforceable, as the case may be.
11. Governing law and jurisdiction: All legal relations between the User and Stoneweg shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland. The place of performance, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for any type of proceedings and the place of proceedings for debt or bankruptcy against any User of the Site not domiciled or resident in Switzerland shall be Geneva, subject to compulsory jurisdiction provided by applicable Swiss legislation and international conventions ratified by Switzerland. Stoneweg shall nonetheless be entitled to take legal action at the User’s place of domicile or residence or before any other competent court.
12. Amendment of terms and conditions: Stoneweg reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Such changes are shown on the Site. By viewing and using the Site, you expressly agree to all such new terms and conditions.
13. Data protection: Stoneweg does not guarantee the confidentiality and security of e-mail communications. You should be aware that data sent via the Internet can be accessed by unauthorised third parties. There is therefore no guarantee that unauthorised third parties may not gain access to such information and conclude the existence of contacts Stoneweg.
14. Discharge: Stoneweg disclaims all responsibility for any liability or damage of any kind resulting from the unavailability of the web site or any portion thereof or from the use of the website.
15. Links: The Website may provide automatic links to other websites. You use such links to any external websites entirely at you own risk and Stoneweg therefore accepts no liability for their content or for the products, services or other offers available through them.